By using a small independent tyre company we feel we can offer a competitive price on most tyres and we are more than happy to give you a quote whilst your car is in for repair.
The Tyre Industry recommends five checking points:
- Check the overall condition of the tyre, not forgetting inner and outer side walls
- Tread depth must not be less than 1.6mm
- Tyre pressures should be checked regularly
- Signs of uneven wear should be investigated
- Spare tyres should be checked using the same criteria as above
It is essential to maintain the correct tyre pressure as laid down by the vehicle manufacturer. Tyre pressures should always be checked when the tyre is cold.
Incorrect tyre pressures can have a great effect on the handling and braking of vehicles and can cause premature wear.
The current law states a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm, although research suggests that once a tyre is lower than 3mm, the performance and braking capability is reduced. In fact, 3mm is the minimum tread depth required by law in Germany.